Thursday 23 May 2013

23 mai, 2013

We are all done with spelling (dictée) for the year!  Way to go, grade one! The focus is now on reading as much as possible at home and to read to me as often as possible, in class.

In our classroom, I have posted a chart that shows the students' reading progress.  They each have a frog that jumps a lily pad for each book that the they read; I have seen an impressive growth in reading fluency and comprehension and hope that you have too!

The students were reminiscing the other day about, "way back when I was a baby...".  I thought it would be fun to have the students share a favourite item from their baby days in a "show and tell" situation.  I will pick a student each day to be the show and tell person the following day.  Dig out those baby items (but please keep the most sentimental at home!).

Thanks,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment